Here I am at 60, watching gals in their teens, 30s, 40s and 50s working-out and training for their first fitness competition — bikini model! I am so proud of what they do and all the discipline they apply to their daily regimen — every day, for weeks and months! My motto is to Be Lean and Strong at Any Age, and, if we follow even half of what they practice, I am sure we all will!
Here are some tips I have learned from the fitness models and trainers I work with, who are all on USANA vitamins, minerals and optimizers, I am happy to say!
– Eat five to six times a day, small, complete meals — lean protein, veggies, whole grains
– Drink at least half your weight in ounces of pure water a day, and drink one glass before and after exercise
– Exercise at least one hour a day (one hour is to maintain, more is to lose)
– Don’t eat the five no-nos: processed sugar, processed starch, high-fat dairy, high-fat protein and trans-fats
– Don’t drink empty-calorie drinks
– The really serious ones in their 12-week pre-competition phase eschew anything but lean chicken and fish, and power-down tons of broccoli, green beans, asparagus, green and chamomile teas. Very little fruit, which does not work for me.
I follow much the same program, but I am more lenient with myself and my clients. I figure we deserve a “cheat day” about every 9 days. More and I will gain weight, less and I am rather bitchy.
But, on the days I pretend I am a fitness-model in training, I can drop 2 lbs a day! So, if you want to lose weight and firm-up fast, just try eating and training like a fitness model for a week!